7 unforgettable dishes in the most exciting tailor-made food tour Hanoi
- 11 months ago
- 0 comments
No one knew exactly when Pho appeared. The only thing that is certain about this dish is that it has become a food symbol in Vietnam in general and Hanoi in particular. Pho is a classic food, which has played an integral role in Vietnam’s history.
The main ingredients that can be found in Pho are noodles and bones. Noodles are white and sliced into long threads. The water used to simmer the bones is the broth for Pho. A complete dish requires clear and sweet broth, thin but tough noodles, nice and crispy beef, onion, lemon, and chili pepper. Pho is a common food, loved by all Hanoi citizens.
- Some excellent Pho restaurants in Hanoi:
– 49 Bat Dan Street, Hoan Kiem District
– 13 Lo Duc Street, Hai Ba Trung District
– 10 Ly Quoc Su Street, Hoan Kiem District
– 4 Hang Bong Street, Hoan Kiem District
2. Bun dau mam tom (Vermicelli served with tofu and shrimp taste)
The second dish that you need to try in this tailor-made food tour Hanoi is Bun dau mam tom. It extremely suits the culture of Hanoi people, who love having food in street restaurants. Bun dau mam tom is comprised of three main ingredients, including vermicelli, fried tofu, and shrimp taste.
Bun dau mam tom Hanoi
Today, many Hanoi foodies add boiled meat, pork pies with green rice, nem (meat roll), black puddings and various other elements to the dish. That makes it even more appealing and mouth-watering. And although shrimp taste does not have a good smell, you should not replace it with some other type of sauce.
Try having it and you will see that it is why Bun dau mam tom so famous.
- Some excellent Bun dau mam tom restaurants in Hanoi:
– Lane 31, Hang Khay Street
– 8 Ma May Street, Hoan Kiem District
– 1B Ngo Tram Street, Hoan Kiem District
3. Chao suon (Rib porridge)
Chao suon is considered one of the typical street food in Hanoi. Despite its “rib porridge” name, the dish does not have any rib. It has only two ingredients, including rice and broth. Rice is ground into incredibly small particles before being cooked. And the broth to make the rice is made from bones, similar to Pho.
Chao suon Hanoi
When both of those elements combine, Chao suon comes to live. It appears smooth and silky, which is just like being made from flour. Adding some pepper and chili, you will have a tasty dish for both breakfast and brunch in a cold winter.
- Some excellent Chao suon restaurants in Hanoi:
– 14 Dong Xuan Street, Hoan Kiem District
– 1 Ngo Huyen Lane, Hoan Kiem District
– 101 Doi Can Street, Ba Dinh District
– Lane 17, Ta Quang Buu Street, Hai Ba Trung District
4. Com (Green Rice)
Autumn in Hanoi is the season of Com, the sweet and common street food but very impressive. It reminds a familiar flavor to those who live far from their homeland. And for tourists who have tried it once, they would never forget it.
To have the delicious and green color of Com, the cook needs to be professional in various steps. Moreover, not only is the way people make the dish an art but also the way they enjoy it. Instead of using chopsticks or spoons, you need to eat it by your hands to feel the pieces melting on your tongue. The sweet and soft taste of the rice still remains in your mouth after you swallow it.
- Some stores selling Com in Hanoi:
– Vong Village, Dich Vong Hau Ward, Cau Giay District
– 65A Hang Than Street, Ba Dinh District
– 1A Dinh Liet Street, Hoan Kiem District
5. Banh tom (Crisp shrimp pastry)
Street food in Hanoi is always abundant and contains many interesting secrets of a culture. Banh tom is one of those, which is made from the elegance, skills, and sophistication of people in Hanoi. Those who enjoy this crispy pastry the most are often students.
Banh tom Hanoi
Due to its small size and low price, Banh tom is very appropriate for a light meal after school or after a long day working. Shrimps that are selected for this pastry must be fresh. So when they are covered by flour and fried, they will have a flavorsome red color. Banh tom tastes the best when having raw vegetables and fish sauce to come with it.
- Some excellent Banh tom restaurants in Hanoi:
– Street restaurants around West Lake
– 48 Hang Bo Street
– 25 Le Dai Hanh Street
6. Nom bo kho (Sweet and sour grated salad with dried beef)
Nom bo kho Hanoi
Nom bo kho is one of the favorite dishes of various Hanoi citizens, especially the young. Its fantastic flavor comes from many ingredients in harmony. A little spicy taste of dried beef, a sour and sweet taste of the sauce, the crispy flavor of sliced papaya and carrots, and nutty flavor of roasted peanuts are what you will find in the dish.
The food also reflects a part of Vietnam cuisine, which you will definitely want to discover.
- Some excellent Nom bo kho restaurants in Hanoi:
– 23 Hoan Kiem Lake
– 1 Nguyen Trung Truc Street
– 54 Hang Bun Street
7. Tao Pho (Tofu sweet soup)
Tao pho Hanoi
Your tailor-made food tour Hanoi cannot be complete without this dish. If you visit Hanoi in the summer, which is often extremely hot, Tao Pho will be an ideal treat to reduce the temperature. The dish is made from soybeans and has an ivory-white.
When putting Tao Pho in your mouth, it will get softer and gradually melt. In the end, you will be able to sense the sweetness and refreshment running down your throat. Your body temperature will decrease after every bite you take. Try and you will see.
- Some excellent Tao pho restaurants in Hanoi:
– 110 C3 Luong Dinh Cua Street, Dong Da District
– 28 Quang Trung Street, Hoan Kiem District
– 192 Hang Bong Street, Hoan Kiem District
– 105 C3 Nghia Tan Street, Cau Giay District